Tweet FileZilla free,open source and cross-platform FTP/SFTP client used to upload files to web server from local.
FileZilla is a popular FTP/SFTP used by most of people. Its interface and functionality is more user friendly. And main thing is its secure. Below i will explain you how to upload files to server using FileZilla?
First download the FileZilla from its official website.Download the FileZilla here. Download the FileZilla according to your OS. Once the application has been downloaded install FileZilla and run the application. Now we have to do some setting to connect to web server.
The FileZilla window mainly server side files and local files alonf with transferring process status and histroy.
Click the image to view large Image
- Step 1: Go to File Menu and click Site Manager.
- Step 2: Click New Site button at left side bottom of the popup window.
- Step 3: Enter the name for your site.
- Step 4: Enter your website URL or ftp.yourwebsite.com.
- Step 5: Select Protocol Type (Select FTP).
- Step 6: Select Encryption (Select Use Plain FTP).
- Step 7: Select log in Type(Normal).
- Step 8: Enteryour FTP username. Your FTP login detail will provided by your web host. In you dont have contact them and get your FTP details.
- Step 9: Enter the FTP password.
- Step 10: Click OK button and then connect button.
Now please wait until FileZilla connect to your server. Once its successfully connected the server files will display in right hand side on of FileZilla window.
To upload a file select file in left hand side panel Right Click Upload. Same like that only to download a file select file in right hand side panel and Right Click Download. Both you can also perform from Menu also.